Add to my trail
Poets' Corner E17 - I wanna tell you a story
Stories Created by Residents of Poets' Corner E17 Walthamstow - Milton, Browns, Tower Hamlet, Byron, Aubrey, Howard & Rectory Roads
|Open: 24 hours
This venue has level access.
(1) I wanna tell you a story... 30 May-15 June Poets' Corner E17 Walthamstow - Milton, Browns, Tower Hamlet, Byron, Aubrey and Howard Roads E17. "I wanna tell you a story" the catch phrase of the Rotherhithe born comedian Max Bygraves. In this story telling theme, we have created collaborative stories on art boards displayed in our residents homes.
Details here: https://milimpicsstreetparty.wordpress.com/2015/03/04/i-wanna-tell-you-a-story-e17-art-trail-2015/
We are hosting two storytelling events to go along side our artistic display:
(2) Puppet Show Saturday 6th June from 8:30pm - In a neighbourly fashion, we are hosting a Puppet Show by E17 Puppet Project on street corners of Browns and Milton Road. The show will be projecting on one of our street corners. Bring your own popcorn if you like. http://www.e17puppetproject.org.uk/
(3) Big Lunch Beach & Storytelling Street Party Sunday 7th June 12noon-7pm Milton Road E17 4SR - This will be our fourth Olympic/Big Lunch street party with fellow residents and in celebration of the E17 Art Trail. This year we will be hosting a Beach & Storytelling Themed Party.
Music & Entertainment Programme: Big Lunch starts at 12:00 noon
12:00– 2.30 DJs (Dominic Patrick & guests)
2.30 – 3.15 Glenbuck Cherry Pickers
3.15 – 3.45 Bikini Beach Band - 1st set
3.45 – 4.00 DJs (Dominic)
4.00 – 4.40 Bikini Beach band - 2nd set
4.45 – 5.05 Chloes Zumba class
5.05 – 7.00 DJs (Dominic Patrick & guests)
TBC Contemporary Dance by Vestry School of Dance (5 min)
Story Telling Programme: We will be hosting some well versed story tellers - The Stow Tellers and Lissa of Clio's Company at our street party to tell stories 3:45-5pm.
3:45-4pm Lissa Chapman of the Clio’s Company. Clio’s Company specialise in site-specific theatre, theatre education, live interpretation and training. Lissa will be telling some true stories of incidents from the history of our area. http://clioscompany.co.uk/
4:40pm-5:30pm - Stow Tellers established in 2013, aims to support and promote the most ancient art of storytelling. The Stow Tellers normally host monthly story telling evening in Walthamstow (http://www.sfs.org.uk/ ). For the 'story corner', the story tellers will tell a traditional repertoire of myths, legends and folktales. Storytellers taking part are: Mike Forbes, Jane Grell, Angelene Demaria, Tina and Tony Rath.
(4) Resident local children will display their favourite story characters on our lamp posts on Milton and Howard Roads.
(5) As the same as last year... our stories might be wandering somewhere else in E17 so watch our space @PoetsCornerE17.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Suitable for all.
< Go Back
Artist retains copyright of all original artworks.